I stay away from chemicals as best I can. Sometimes we forget that some of the best solutions are natural. Borax has long been used for ant control. At the yalesafe website they have a nice recipe for ant control that is easy and all natural. Details at: Get Rid of Ants Overnight!
There are many chemical methods, but organic options are few. One of the tried and true organic methods is to use orange peels. With a few simple ingredients and steps you will be able to eradicate fire ants completely while being safe for the environment. The recipe uses:
- 1 Gallon of water
- 1/4 Cup orange oil
- 1/4 Cup Blackstrap Molasses
- Some sort of sprayer or just pour on the bed
Check out the tutorial at instructables.com using Orange Peels.
Protect Your Family From Toxic Products and Medications...Begin with this life changing eBook where you will find:
- Natural Home Remedies - Discover how to live a healthier life with more natural remedies to treat illness you can make at home using natural ingredients like coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Chemical Free Home - Say goodbye to all the toxic cleaning products used in your home. You'll save money with over 30+ DIY Household Products and Cleaning recipes.
- All Natural Beauty Recipes - Great skin, beautiful hair and everyone will be wanting to know your "looking younger all natural secrets"
What To Do This Month - October
Every month there are things to do in the garden and October is no different. However, the garden is not just veggies but flowers, lawns and greenhouse.
As the season changes the - garden - is a wonderful place to hang out with lots to do! Find out what to do at: October Gardening To Do List: Flowers, Veggies Lawn and More