Here is a follow up for an almost organic weed killer spray. Make sure to thoroughly spray the weeds. Kills weeds on first application (depending on variety). A good solution for those weeds that sprout up in driveways or between patio pavers.
“The Dawn dish soap strips the weed of it’s protective oils so the vinegar can work with deadly force. Safe to use a yard used by pets” via The Homestead Survival.
Two Weed Killers
Both of the “weed killing” recipes use: Vinegar, salt, and dish soap – but with slight variations.
The first recipe comes from The Homestead Survival.
- 1/4 cup table salt
- 1/2 gallon of Apple Cider Vinegar – White vinegar works too!
- 1/2 teaspoon Dawn liquid dish soap
- Mix and pour into a spray bottle
Spray weeds thoroughly. This mixture will also kill the grass from my experience. The dish soap makes the mixture “cover” the leaf to provide a good “kill.” Pet Safe!
The second recipe comes from Full Of Great Ideas.
Much like the recipe above with a slight variation.
- spray bottle
- Pickling vinegar (works better than regular vinegar because the acetic acid % is higher)
- 1/2 cup salt salt
- Dish soap… just a squeeze
This is not a replacement for thick heavy weeds but works well for light treatments.