The puss caterpillar is kind of cute, for a bug, but they are no laughing matter. A post at wimp.com talks about they can actually harm people, especially smaller children, who might be fooled by their relatively innocuous and fluffy appearance.
If you see one on you, brush it off immediately, and, if you happen to get stung by one, you can remove the smaller stingers with common household scotch tape – read on to find out more!
AOL.com reports the following
Despite their furry, cuddly looks, they are extremely venomous. What looks like hairs are actually sharp spines. These spines are connected to venom glands.
Despite their cute fuzzy exterior, stay away from these harmful caterpillars. Via aol.com