Agaves come in many sizes, make excellent container specimens and handle being root bound very well.
For example: Agave lurida – smooth slender leaves, easy care, 24-28 inches, yellow-striped margins, loves full sun, will thrive in medium – high light interiors.
When grown in pots agaves can be moved around to provide sun or shade as needed.
- When planting keep crown above soil line
- Soil should dry slowly but drain well. Mix – equals parts sharp sand, compost and a good potting mix
- During growing season begin with a dry balanced fertilizer, as the season progresses feed with liquid fertilizer once a month
- Provide plenty of light, most varieties agaves will handle full when potted
To learn more details about growing agave in containers, read the full article at the link below…
[easyazon-image align=”left” asin=”1604691980″ locale=”us” height=”160″ src=”http://plantcaretoday.com/wp-content/uploads/51GI18UA36L._SL160_.jpg” width=”125″] Check out Agaves: Living Sculptures for Landscapes and Containers
Protect Your Family From Toxic Products and Medications...Begin with this life changing eBook where you will find:
- Natural Home Remedies - Discover how to live a healthier life with more natural remedies to treat illness you can make at home using natural ingredients like coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Chemical Free Home - Say goodbye to all the toxic cleaning products used in your home. You'll save money with over 30+ DIY Household Products and Cleaning recipes.
- All Natural Beauty Recipes - Great skin, beautiful hair and everyone will be wanting to know your "looking younger all natural secrets"
What To Do This Month - November
Every month there are things to do in the garden and November is no different. However, the garden is not just veggies but flowers, lawns and greenhouse.
As the season changes the - garden - is a wonderful place to hang out with lots to do! Find out what to do at: November Gardening To Do List: Flowers, Veggies Lawn and More