Agaves come in many sizes, make excellent container specimens and handle being root bound very well.
For example: Agave lurida – smooth slender leaves, easy care, 24-28 inches, yellow-striped margins, loves full sun, will thrive in medium – high light interiors.
When grown in pots agaves can be moved around to provide sun or shade as needed.
- When planting keep crown above soil line
- Soil should dry slowly but drain well. Mix – equals parts sharp sand, compost and a good potting mix
- During growing season begin with a dry balanced fertilizer, as the season progresses feed with liquid fertilizer once a month
- Provide plenty of light, most varieties agaves will handle full when potted
To learn more details about growing agave in containers, read the full article at the link below…
[easyazon-image align=”left” asin=”1604691980″ locale=”us” height=”160″ src=”http://plantcaretoday.com/wp-content/uploads/51GI18UA36L._SL160_.jpg” width=”125″] Check out Agaves: Living Sculptures for Landscapes and Containers
Protect Your Family From Toxic Products and Medications...Begin with this life changing eBook where you will find:
- Natural Home Remedies - Discover how to live a healthier life with more natural remedies to treat illness you can make at home using natural ingredients like coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Chemical Free Home - Say goodbye to all the toxic cleaning products used in your home. You'll save money with over 30+ DIY Household Products and Cleaning recipes.
- All Natural Beauty Recipes - Great skin, beautiful hair and everyone will be wanting to know your "looking younger all natural secrets"