Want to get more from your garden? Re-growing foods from kitchen scraps is a good way to know your food source is pesticide free. Did you know there are many veggies that can be regrown from what is normally thrown away?
Andy Whiteley at Wakeup World offers up 16 foods you can regrow from items normally heading for the trash, but shares this recommendation.
“Just remember … the quality of the “parent” vegetable scrap will help to determine the quality of the re-growth. So, wherever possible, I recommend buying local organic produce, so you know your re-grown plants are fresh, healthy, and free of chemicals and genetic meddling.”
I would agree, you need to begin with good, strong produce and organic is where to start since it is free of GMO. Have you tried regrowing any of these 16?
- Leeks, Scallions, Spring Onions and Fennel
- Sweet Potatoes
- Celery, Bok Choi, Romaine Lettuce & Cabbage
- ‘Pet’ Carrot Tops
Check out the wakeup-world.com article at:
Protect Your Family From Toxic Products and Medications...Begin with this life changing eBook where you will find:
- Natural Home Remedies - Discover how to live a healthier life with more natural remedies to treat illness you can make at home using natural ingredients like coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Chemical Free Home - Say goodbye to all the toxic cleaning products used in your home. You'll save money with over 30+ DIY Household Products and Cleaning recipes.
- All Natural Beauty Recipes - Great skin, beautiful hair and everyone will be wanting to know your "looking younger all natural secrets"